The Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa credit card has a little bit of something for everyone. And depending on your financial situation and what you’re trying to accomplish, it may have everything you’re looking for – plus much more.
While there’s a lot to like about this credit card (check out the benefits below), let’s start by examining four of its top features:
- $0 fraud liability: The Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa credit card gives you peace of mind in knowing you are never responsible for unauthorized charges.
- Automatic account reviews: Merrick Bank regularly and automatically reviews your account for credit line increases.
- Free monthly FICO Score: As a cardholder, you’ll receive your updated FICO Score once a month.
- Customizable account settings: For example, you can customize transaction alerts and payment reminders to suit your budget and schedule.
With features like these, it’s easy to see why the Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa credit card is a solid choice for many consumers.
Adding to the above, here are some of the most appealing benefits:
- Designed for consumers looking to improve or build their credit: If you have no credit or poor credit, the Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa credit card can help put you on the right track.
- Easy to boost your line of credit: As long as you make your minimum payment – or more – on time every month, you’ll receive an increase of double your original credit limit (hence the name) after seven months.
- Reports to all major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion): This is essential to building or rebuilding your credit score. Credit cards that don’t report to the major credit bureaus won’t have any impact on your credit report or score. You don’t have to worry about that with the Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa credit card.
Are There Any Drawbacks?
As with every credit card, there are some potential drawbacks to familiarize yourself with before applying for the Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa credit card. Here are the ones with the greatest chance of impacting you:
- High APR: With a variable APR reaching as high as 29.2%, it’s slightly higher than many credit cards in this category.
- Annual fee: You’re required to pay an annual fee of $0 to $70 to keep your account active.
- No cash back or rewards: If you’re interested in a rewards offer, the Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa credit card isn’t right for you.
No credit card is a perfect solution for every consumer, but the Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa offer is a good choice for anyone with no credit or poor credit.
With so many benefits – and only a few potential drawbacks – it’s a solid choice across the board.
It may not be the credit card you use for the rest of your life, but it’s more than enough to help you establish your credit once again and position you to secure a better offer in the future.